Sample cover letter for an office manager
To be considered for top office manager jobs, your cover letter needs to stand out. View this sample cover letter for inspiration.
Searching for an office manager job? This sample office manager cover letter below will help you manage to convince employers of your skills. And if you need more tips, the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you craft a high-impact resume and cover letter that can impress employers.
Additionally you can learn more about business careers and search for office manager jobs on Monster.
1414 Northwest Drive
Sometown, NJ 55555
Phone: (555) 555-5555
Mr. Jorge Matthews
ABC123 Retail Company
1414 Park Avenue West
Sometown, NJ 55555
Dear Mr. Matthews:
As an avid ABC123 Retail Company customer, I was excited to find your advertisement on Monster.com for an office manager for your new district headquarters. I couldn’t wait to submit my resume, which is enclosed for your review.
I currently serve as office manager for a busy financial services firm (XYZ Company), where I supervise a team of 12 employees and coordinate all office functions. My strengths in improving office systems and building a top-performing clerical team have earned repeated commendations and formal recognition from the company CEO.
Your new headquarters would benefit from my administrative and managerial skills. I offer:
- Ten years of experience leading front- and back-office administration and serving as a trusted assistant to senior executives;
- Well-honed office management skills, including hiring and supervising clerical staff; scheduling, calendaring and event planning; preparing reports; administering records management systems; and developing Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations;
- The ability to anticipate executives’ needs, follow through on all details and tactfully handle sensitive situations; and
- Computer proficiency, including a solid foundation in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access), Lotus Notes and QuickBooks.
I am confident that I would be able to organize and manage your new headquarters to create a smooth-running office. If you agree that my qualifications and passion for your company would make me a strong addition to your team, please call me at (555) 555-5555 or email email@example.com to set up a meeting. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Is your cover letter ready to be seen by hiring managers? Join Monster today. You can upload up to five cover letters and resumes. Recruiters search Monster every day to find outstanding office manager candidates just like you.
Special Education Cover Letter Example and Writing Tips
Are you writing a cover letter for a special education job? Review these tips for what to include, a sample special education cover letter, as well as advice on how to write an interview-winning cover letter.
The key to writing a great cover letter is to personalize it. Your letter should be written specifically to someone, if you can find a contact person, and should be an introduction of yourself as a special education teacher to the school where you want to work.
How to Find a Contact Person
Step one, try to find out who will be conducting the interview or leading the interview team. You may be able to find their name in the contact information within the job listing, or maybe you will need to make a phone call to the school.
Addressing a person by name in your letter’s greeting and not using a generic term like “To Whom It May Concern" will show it was written specifically for them.
If you can't locate a contact person, here are other options for addressing your cover letter.
What to Include in Your Cover Letter
- Use the first paragraph to mention the school district, the specific position you are applying for, and highlight a reason or two why you would be the ideal candidate.
- The second paragraph is where you can mention where you went to school, your previous experience, and skills that make you stand out from the other teachers applying for the job.
- Within the third paragraph, you can talk a little about your character. Express what kind of team member you will be with the other faculty, how you work with students as individuals and how you plan to communicate with the student’s families.
- Close your letter with an upbeat, positive tone. Express your readiness to speak to them either over the phone or in a face to face interview. Be sure to thank them for taking the time to review your resume and considering you for the position.
Special Education Teacher Cover Letter
Here's an example of a cover letter for a special education teacher.
Your City, State, Zip Code
Your Phone Number
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Mr./Ms. Firstname Lastname,
I would like to express my strong interest in your special education teacher job opening. My former coworker and your current media specialist, Jane Doe, alerted me to the opening, believing that I am an ideal candidate for the position. My extensive experience in special education and curriculum development would make me a strong special education teacher at XYZ Middle School.
I have been working in special education for over ten years. I have taught diverse groups of students with ADD/ADHD, autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, learning disabilities, speech impairments, and non compliant behavior. My skills in differentiated instruction, assistive technology, and multi-sensory lesson planning allow me to meet the needs of every student.
My years of experience have taught me the value of patience and encouragement in the special education classroom. I work closely with each student, providing the individualized support and praise they require.
I also make sure to stay connected with family members and any specialists involved, to encourage the success of each student, both in and outside of the classroom. I’ve truly appreciated and learned from every child and every family I have worked with; I cannot imagine having any other job.
I welcome the opportunity to speak with you to discuss how my extensive experience and skills would contribute to XYZ Middle School. I have attached my resume and the requested references; I will call you next week to arrange a time to speak together. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Your Signature (hard copy letter)
Related: Special Education Resume Example
Sending an Email Cover Letter
If you're sending your cover letter via email, list your name and the job title in the subject line of the email message:
Subject: Special Education Position - Your Name
Include your contact information in your email signature, and don't list the employer contact information. Start your email message with the salutation.
More Sample Cover Letters
Cover letter samples and templates for a variety of career fields and employment levels, including entry-level, targeted and email cover letters for many different jobs.